Google and Coursera have partnered to launch the Google IT Support Professional Certificate programme. It is developed by Google and is being offered exclusively on Coursera. “Finding qualified IT personnel is a challenge many companies face. With 150,000 open roles in IT support, it is one of the fastest growing occupations in the country,” said Ben Fried, Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Google. The company says that the programme will help anyone with no prior experience to be ready for an entry-level IT support job in 8 to 12 months.
Read the complete press release below
Coursera and Google today announced the launch of the Google IT Support Professional Certificate, a program that makes a well-paying career in IT within the reach of anyone, anywhere. This first-of-its-kind certificate, developed by subject-matter experts at Google and offered exclusively on Coursera, will help anyone with no prior experience to be ready for an entry-level IT support job in 8 to 12 months.
The industry-relevant curriculum, designed to provide a direct path to employment, will allow learners to share their information with a host of top companies looking to hire entry-level support professionals, including Bank of America, Walmart, Sprint, GE Digital, PNC Bank, Infosys, TEKSystems, UPMC, and, of course, Google.
“We are proud to partner with Google to offer this certificate that is in line with our vision of making it possible for anyone, anywhere to transform their life with access to the best learning experience. Today, as rapid technological transformation redefines industries and jobs, it is critical to equip people with the skills they need to be job ready - today and in the future. Our collaboration with Google and top employers is designed to provide anyone, regardless of their prior experience or training, with the resources they need to succeed as IT professionals" said Raghav Gupta, India Country Director, Coursera.
According to an HBS study on jobs that require training but not a formal degree, IT support offers clear pathways that enable people without a college degree to rise to higher-level positions.
“Finding qualified IT personnel is a challenge many companies face. With 150,000 open roles in IT support, it is one of the fastest growing occupations in the country,” said Ben Fried, Vice President and Chief Information Officer at Google. “We developed this curriculum to address this problem head on. We are looking forward to working with Coursera, our nonprofit grantees and participating corporations to create opportunities for thousands of learners.”
Learners in the Google IT Support Professional Certificate will benefit from a deeply engaging online learning experience including the following features:
- Courses designed and taught by Googlers who are experts in IT support
- Hands-on labs and widgets so that you can gain troubleshooting experience, just like you would on the job
- Intrapersonal “soft skills” guidance that can help you excel in any organization
- Ability to learn anytime, anywhere with Coursera’s flexible learning platform and robust mobile app
Registrations for the program opens on January 16th and all courses will launch on January 23rd.
Go here learn more about the Google IT Professional Certificate on Coursera.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet