Google Doodle marks the 108th birth anniversary of noted novelist R K Narayan. The doodle shows a sketch of RK Narayan reading his collection of Malgudi Days stories.
The Google Doodle shows ‘Google’ written in blue colour on an earthen background with the second ‘O’ signified by the head of a cartoonified R K Narayan who is busy reading Malgudi Days and just the top of his balding head is visible over the book. The back cover of the book has a black and white photograph of R K Narayan.
Rasipuram Krishnaswami Narayan was born on Oct 10,1906 in Chennai. He started his career as a journalist and later started writing novels. His first novel was Swami and Friends written in 1935. RK Narayan is best known for his works set in the fictional South Indian town of Malgudi. The series was later made into a popular television serial. His novel Guide was made into a film starring Dev Anand and Waheeda Rehman. Some of his other popular creations include The Bachelor of Arts and The English Teacher. He wrote 34 novels, most of which were translated into several Indian and foreign languages. He died of heart failure on May 12, 2001.
Google describing the doodle posted on its India home page, "Who's the man behind the book on our doodle in India? It's Malgudi's native son, famed Indian writer RK Narayan. Narayan is a well known pioneer of early Indian literature and set most of his stories in the fictional town of Malgudi. Happy 108th birthday to RK Narayan!."
Google recently celebrated one of the world's greatest novelist Leo Tolstoy's 186th birthday with an interactive doodle. The doodle portrayed Tolstoy's most famous works including Anna Karenina, The Death of Ivan Ilyich and War and Peace.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet