Google has updated its adult content policies on the Blogger platform, starting from 23rd March no sites built on its blogger platform will be allowed to publicly share “sexually explicit” content or media containing “graphic nudity.”
Google has sent out emails to Bloggers with an "adult content warning" page to delete sexually explicit content, or theirs blogs will be removed from every form of access except registered users. Websites which currently host objectionable content will be required to either remove it or set the blog to private.
From 25th March blogs which violate the policy will be set to private automatically. But Google assures bloggers that no site will be deleted due to this change. The internet giant has also suggested bloggers to export their site and move it to a different host if the website is unable to comply with the new policy.
A company support page for Blogger explains that “starting March 23, 2015, you won’t be able to publicly share images and video that are sexually explicit or show graphic nudity on Blogger.”
The internet giant has also given an exception to the rule and states:
"Note: We’ll still allow nudity if the content offers a substantial public benefit, for example in artistic, educational, documentary, or scientific contexts."
This is quiet a change from Google's previous policy which allowed "images or videos that contain nudity or sexual activity," and stated that "Censoring this content is contrary to a service that bases itself on freedom of expression."
The internet giants last policy change for Blogger came in 2013, when it banned sites from monetizing adult content.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet