Google Arts and Culture has partnered with the Ministry of Tourism to unveil a 360-degree virtual reality video for the global "Incredible India" tourism campaign.
As part of the partnership, Google Arts and Culture will provide users with an immersive 360-degree view of India's heritage, festivity, spirituality and adventure.
The video will showcase users a 360-degree view of some of the most iconic destinations in India including Qutub Minar, Amritsar's Golden Temple, Vitthala Temples at Hampi and Goa's easygoing vibe.
"India is an iconic destination that offers unique experiences of climate, geography, culture, art, literature and food. We want to give people in India and across the world an opportunity to immerse in our country's rich heritage," Union Tourism Minister K.J. Alphons said in a statement on Thursday.
"Through our partnership with Google, we want to engage new and global audiences and offer them immersive content in a never-before-seen manner," Alphons added.
The video has been created using the best of 360-degree video capture technology, including Google's Yi Halo camera and the music is inspired by the rhythms and melodies of the regions depicted in the video.
For Google Cardboard users the experience will be even more gratifying as they can turn the 360 video into a fully immersive Virtual Reality experience.
"Through our partnership with Ministry of Tourism for their internationally acclaimed 'Incredible India' campaign, we want to bring new and global audiences to India's rich heritage and history," said Luisella Mazza, Head of Operations at Google Arts & Culture.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet