Google is now offering detailed street view imagery of 31 Indian archaeological sites and monuments on Google Maps and Google Cultural Institute. Google has partnered with the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), Maharashtra Tourism, Delhi Tourism and Transport Development Corporation and Karnataka State Archaeological Department to add these monuments.
Google Street View will now offer panoramic 360 degree views of famous destinations like the Gateway of India, Mysore Palace, Sun Temple at Konârk and Nalanda University among others. The launch of 31 new sites brings the number of ASI locations now online to 127, which include the heritage sites like Taj Mahal, Safdarjung Tomb, and Ellora Caves, which were added last year. The aim of the project is to help people around the world explore and learn more about India’s rich culture and heritage.
Rajan Anandan, Vice President and Managing Director, Google India and South East Asia stated, "Since last year, we've been working with the Archaeological Survey of India and other partners to bring more of India's heritage online for the world to see. We hope the latest panoramic imagery will help people learn about India's rich history through exploring some of our country's archaeological and architectural treasures on Google Maps and the Google Cultural Institute."
Earlier this month, Google released its list of top Street View destinations in Asia, which revealed that Taj Mahal is the most visited monument in the country for global 'virtual travelers'.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet