In a bid to keep up with the rivals, Google rolled out a few major improvements to its Social Networking site Google . The new updates include a more illustrated notifications bar, revamped photo viewing and feature to hide or highlight specific friends on the social networking site.
“Some of these were on nearly everyone’s wishlist... and some we hope will be welcome surprises. These features will be rolling out over the next couple of days, and we hope you’ll find them useful this holiday season and beyond,” says Google in its blog post.
One of the new updates allows users to control the volume of the main news feed. The update lets users manage the flow of feeds into the “circles”. Google has incorporated fine-grained controls that will enable users to “graphic-equalise” and fine-tune the stream. With a slider, users can manage how posts from a particular circle should be featured into the main stream. The volume feature seems similar to Facebook's subscribe feature which allows users to adjust volume of posts from a certain user into the main news feed. Check out a video demo of how the new volume slider works:
Another major update includes a more detailed Google notification bar. The polished notification bar comes with improvements too, including the ability to see the 1’s and shares your posts have received since you last checked.
Google has also rolled out updates to the newly launched Google Pages. As many as 50 named managers can be delegated for administrators for a Google Page. Also, a new notification flow has been added to ensure that managers are aware of the activities taking place on a page.
Vote and Win!
Digit Icons of Trust 2011 Survey
Visit https://thinkdigit.com/trust to vote for your favorite tech brands in India.
Survey participation gives you a chance to win exciting gifts like wireless input devices, earphones and special edition Digit branded T-shirts.
As an appreciation of your valuable time and input, every participant will receive an assured gift in the form of Digit discount vouchers.
We encourage you to participate in multiple surveys to increase your chances of winning more goodie
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions