Google is celebrating the Perseid meteor shower that occurs every August with an interactive doodle on its home page. The doodle shows the red hot rocks streaking through the sky against a backdrop of different landscapes from around the world.
The interactive doodle shows a beautiful night sky criss crossed with meteors and a shooting star, with soft music playing in the background. Users can share the doodle on their Facebook page, or via Twitter with their friends.
The Perseid meteor shower occurs every year in the month of August. The shower began on Saturday and is expected to finish on Wednesday. It takes place when the Swift-Tuttle comet loses parts of its celestial body as it enters the solar system. This year the Perseid Meteor Shower is happening at the same time as Super Moon, where the moon will appear 16 percent larger and 30 percent brighter than usual.
Google recently celebrated the birth anniversary of the multi-talented veteran singer Kishore Kumar with a Doodle on his 85th birth anniversary. The doodle shows the smiling image of Kishore Kumar with four symbols in the corners to represent the four elements of the singers personality.
The doodle shows two happy and sad masks denoting acting, a second symbol shows a video camera icon for directing, the symbol shows musical notes denoting his music career and the fourth symbol is of a notepad and pen to reflect Kishore Kumar as a writer. The legendary singer received more than 8 Filmfare Awards for Best Male Playback Singer in his lifetime and still holds the record for winning the most Filmfare Awards in that category.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet