You may not always need to download any mail attachment; just view and check if everything is in place. The “view” feature helps you to do this tak. In case of compressed mail attachments, however, you are required to download them whether you want or not. Thanks to now you can use Viewer to preview compressed file types ZIP and RAR as well. With the new “view” button, you can now view all the contents within your browser.
After you have clicked on view button, the ZIP/RAR file is opened in a new tab where you get to see the contents of the file. When you hover over the list you can activate a menu by clicking Actions. You’ll be able to View items supported by Google Docs Viewer and Print (PDF) those that we offer PDF support. Save to Google Docs and Download appear for all files.
Google says on its official blog that the new feature works for archives inside archive files too. This means, if you have a ZIP file inside a RAR file or vice versa, you can still preview them. All you need to do is click on that file to get access to that contents of the archive.
The new feature is also available on mobile versions of Google Docs. For each viewable file (including embedded ZIP or RAR archives) there is a link to view. The Google Docs Viewer now supports over 15 different file types such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, .XPS and .ZIP and .RAR.
- Google adds new features to Gmail, Google Docs, and Google
- Google revamps upload features in Docs; adds new background send Gmail lab
- Microsoft takes on Google Apps with Office 365 cloud service
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet