The Delhi Metro Railway Corporation has partnered with Techno Sat Comm and Ping Network to provide free Wi-Fi services to commuters. The service will be launched in the second half of this year. The provider, Techno Sat Comm, stated, “Techno Sat Comm and Ping Network are coming together to roll out what will potentially be India's largest platform to serve content to passengers and work with advertisers, keen to reach Delhi Metro's 2.75 million passengers.” The service will be available to Delhi Metro passengers via a dedicated app. In addition to providing exclusive entertainment and city based content, the app will also display the location and distance from destination stations in real time.
Techno Sat Comm already offers Wi-Fi service on the Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani Express, which was India’s first Wi-Fi service on a train.The service offers a minimum speed of 50Mbps, while the system could potentially offer up to 1.6Gbps via a solution called ‘T-Track 2.0 Wave 2’. Niral Dave of Techno Sat Comm says that this solution will be adapted to the requirements of the Delhi Metro keeping in mind factors such as adverse weather conditions, vibration of trains and large passenger loads. Ping Network will not only build the front-end interface, but will also provide content for the service.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet