Controversies have continued to chase Flipkart. The e-commerce giant has now come under Enforcement Directorate's scanner for its mega discount sale on October 6. According to reports, ED had received complaints from traders against Flipkart.
According to reports, the ED will be investigating whether Flipkart had breached any retail rules during the mega sale. "There is no proof of anything wrong yet, we are investigating complaints," an official is quoted as saying.
The latest development comes shortly after Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman revealed the ministry had received multiple complaints from traders against Flipkart.
"Now there are many complaints. We will study the matter... Whether there is a need for a separate policy or some kind of clarification is needed, we will make it clear soon," Sitharaman, who is also the Minister of State for Finance and Corporate Affairs, had said
Flipkart's mega discount sale had raised concerns among small and big traders as the e-commerce giant offered 'unrealistic prices'. Flipkart later claimed it achieved its 24 hour sales target of $100 mn in GMV (Gross merchandise volume) in just 10 hours of the mega sale.
“Our teams and sellers worked days and nights to make this sale a success – and our efforts paid off. We got a billion hits on our site today and achieved our 24 hour sales target of $100 mn in GMV in just 10 hours,” said Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal in an official press statement.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet