Shortly after launching Flipkart First - an annual subscription service, the e-commerce giant has come up with a new service called – Scheduled Delivery. As the name suggests, the new feature allows users to select a particular date and time for delivery of the item ordered from Flipkart.
Flipkart's new Scheduled Delivery service is currently available for four select cities - Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata and is expected to be rolled out in other cities soon. This service is free of cost for Flipkart customers, and will initially be available for the large appliances category and will get extended to other select categories with time.
"Scheduled Delivery as a feature, serves to enhance the online shopping experience, especially in metros where time constraints are a huge bottleneck for customers. While this is especially true of large appliances - we intend to extend this benefit to other categories soon.” says Rahul Chari VP, Supply Chain Engineering at Flipkart.
The new service comes shortly after Flipkart launched a new annual subscription service. Under the new Flipkart First service, customers pay up a subscription fee of Rs. 500 per year to get free standard delivery, free in a day delivery, same day delivery at discounted price and priority customer service. Check out our coverage on Flipkart First here.
Flipkart's new Scheduled Delivery service is certainly unique and likely to help a lot of users, as they can pre plan the delivery time.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet