Facebook has rolled out a new Snooze feature for its users, which temporarily allows them to mute/unfollow a person, group or page. The Snooze option will be rolled out over the next week and will be accessed in the top-right, drop-down menu of a post and will stop displaying updates from that person, page or group for 30 days. Users will be notified before the Snooze period is about to end and the option can be reversed at any time.
Shruthi Muraleedharan, Product Manager at Facebook said in a company blog post, “Seeing too many photos of your uncle’s new cat? Is your friend tempting you with endless photos of ramen on her Japan trip? It turns out, you’re not alone. We’ve heard from people that they want more options to determine what they see in News Feed and when they see it. With Snooze, you don’t have to unfollow or unfriend permanently, rather just stop seeing someone’s posts for a short period of time. The people, Pages, and groups you snooze will not be notified. You will be notified before the Snooze period is about to end and the setting can also be reversed at any time.”
The Snooze feature is a new control for Facebook’s news feed, which is an addition to the current Unfollow, Hide, Report and See First options. It will allow users to customise their news feed better and is an alternate option to the above mentioned unfollow option which permanently removes posts from a person or a group.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet