Facebook is reportedly testing a new feature that will allow users to schedule a post for deletion. Also being dubbed as self-destruct posts, the new feature is likely to be similar to the schedule posts feature of Pages.
Confirming the test, a Facebook spokesperson told The Huffington Post: “We’re running a small pilot of a feature on Facebook for iOS that lets people schedule deletion of their posts in advance.”
Currently, it's not clear when Facebook started the test, but according to reports a few users have spotted the option called - “Choose Expiration” on their Facebook posts.
The new feature is very interesting as it gives user more control, and be more creative with posts on the social network. The feature can be used for announcing any event, birthday celebration or may be a relationship.
Facebook's new feature is evidently inspired from Snapchat. It's notable Facebook has already launched a Snapchat rival, Slingshot.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet