Facebook has announced that it now delivers 1 billion video views per day and will begin showing everyone view counts on videos posted by Pages and public figures. The feature will be rolled out to users this week and will help users discover popular videos according to the company.
Facebook says that video views on its site grew by more than 50 percent between May and July this year. The social networking site is testing a new feature on mobile that serves up suggested (“related”) videos when a user has finished viewing video content. The company also announced that more auto-playing videos will now appear in your News Feed.
Facebook says in a blog post, " The goal of News Feed is to deliver the right stories to the right people at the right time, from the people and things you care about. And more people than ever before are seeing, sharing and expressing themselves with video on Facebook. We’re committed to making Facebook the best place to share, discover and watch videos, and we’ll keep listening to feedback to improve video on Facebook."
The move could convince advertisers shifting TV ad spend to digital to look to Facebook, which recently bought video adtech company LiveRail for between $400 million and $500 million in July.
Facebook launched its auto-play for videos last year for all users worldwide. Reportedly video auto play feature is causing inflated mobile data bills for users. Facebook has confirmed that auto play is on by default on mobile and desktops, but the company says users have the option to select ‘Auto-play only on Wi-Fi,’ or ‘Off in the apps settings.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet