Facebook has announced 'Say Thanks', an experimental service which allows users to send personalized video cards to their friends. Facebook says that new feature will be rolled out over the next few hours on “both desktop and mobile in English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Turkish.”
The 'Say Thanks' feature lets users choose a theme, posts and images to create the video. Users can share the videos with a message on their own and friend’s timelines. Facebook adds that their is no limit to how many personalized videos you can create and share. Users can go to facebook.com/thanks to create the videos.
Facebook says in a blog post, "Share a Say Thanks video with a close friend, your significant other, a relative, a coworker, an old friend – or anyone else in your life who you’d like to celebrate. "
The Say Thanks videos have a very similar feel to the "Look Back" videos that the social networking giant created at the end of last year. The videos launched to mark Facebook's 10th anniversary were about a minute long and highlighted the users' journey on Facebook. Each video showed the users memorable updates, most 'liked' and shared photos.
Facebook recently announced that its standalone Messenger app has gone past 500 million monthly active user base. The social networking giant had received a lot of criticism earlier this year for making the app mandatory for users. Also Read: Facebook gives users more control on News Feed
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet