Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Friday that his Digital India flagship programme empowered citizens by eliminating middlemen' and promoted 4Es -- Education, Employment, Entrepreneurship and Empowerment.
"We launched Digital India with a very simple focus -- to ensure more people can benefit from the joys of technology, especially in rural areas," he said while interacting with beneficiaries of the flagship scheme across the country via the NaMo App. This was his fourth outreach with beneficiaries of government schemes through video conferencing. The event was streamed on social media site Facebook. He also stated the initiative has brought in a movement towards more digital payments, thereby eliminating the concept of middlemen.
"Due to technology, railway tickets can be booked online, bills can be paid online... all this brings great convenience. We ensured that the advantages of technology are not restricted to a select few but they are there for all sections of society. We have strengthened the network of Computer Science Corporations (CSCs)," he said. Modi also said the scheme has been a major tool in bringing digital transformation in rural areas, especially northeast.
"Under our North East BPO Promotion Scheme (NEBPS), we are not just providing employment to youth in cities but also in the northeast. The India BPO promotion scheme and a separate BPO promotion scheme for the northeast is creating new opportunities relating to the sector," he added.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet