Google recently unveiled its Material Design with its latest Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. Google's mobile apps have already recieved the new design. But, how will Google's main product Google.com look like with Material Design? Well, designer Aurélien Salomon has taken to Dribble to imagine how it will look like after makeover, and it is impressive.
As expected, Salomon’s redesign gives the Google search page a modern, fresh look. He has replaced the sparse white look from Google.com in favor of a more colorful and animated experience. The redesigned page looks like Google’s Material Design very closely, however it’s unlikely that Google will ever make such a sudden change to its search engine that millions use globally.
Back in June 2010, Google had experimented by using Bing’s background images in search but had removed it after only a few hours of largely negative feedback. The internet giant also used an animated HTML5 doodle on its homepage in 2010 but removed that as well after users complained about 100 percent CPU consumption. It is likely that Google plans to make any future updates to Google.com it will be very subtle and gradual, without alienating its user base.
Google revealed its Material Design philosophy at the Google I/0 conference earlier this year. The internet giant has already updated its apps including Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Maps with the latest Material Design style, based on colorful shapes and sheets of paper.
Google recently updated its Search app for Android with Material design and has added the ability to search inside apps with 'OK Google'. The internet giant has rolled the update first to its devices running Android Lollipop, including the Google Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9.
Are you a fan of Google's Material Design? Should Google redesign its search page with the new UI? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet