Cybersecurity is expected to account for about a million professionals in India by 2025, and also create a revenue opportunity of about $35 billion. According to a report by PTI, NASSCOM Chair for Cyber Security Task Force, Rajesh Pawar, said, “We estimate that cybersecurity is about $2.5-3 billion (roughly Rs. 16,635 crores - Rs. 19,962 crores) or about 2 percent of the close to $150 billion (roughly Rs. 9,981,46 crores) Indian IT sector. With the sector on track to reach $350 billion by 2025, we estimate 10 percent of this to be cyber-security.”
Pawar also expects to see about 1,000 startups coming up in the field of cyber security. He says that this is because the startups will utilise the best technologies. These have already generated a lot of interest from investors as enterprises are looking to stay secure against the rising threat of cyber attacks.
NASSCOM, along with the Data Security Council of India (DSCI) and Symantec, has also launched the National Occupational Standards for 10 cyber security-related jobs. The aim of this is to create a pool of certified cyber security professionals in India. Symantec has also instituted scholarships to 1,000 women undertaking the cyber-security certification by SSC NASSCOM.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet