The Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) will sign a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Nokia at MWC 2017 today. According to a report by PTI, the MoU is in the areas of 5G and the Internet of Things (IoT) applications. It entails strategic cooperation for smoother evolution and transition from 4G to 5G. It also involves join 5G demonstration, IoT applications, and more.
BSNL Chairman, Anupam Shrivastava told PTI, “After 4G, the future is 5g and IoT, which is useful in the concept such as smart cities... The MoU will help BSNL to draw a framework for transition from the current network to futuristic 5G network.”
Shrinivasan notes that the pact involves collaborative workshops to define a phased strategy for network evolution, transformation and its implications on business, technology and operations. Further, the two companies will share 5G technology concepts, new products and innovations available in the public domain. This also includes the demonstration of possibilities of 5G and IoT for the Indian Market.
Nokia has already made a splash at the ongoing MWC. HMD, the company that hold the licensing rights to the brand, announced four new devices. This included the Nokia 3 and Nokia 5 smartphones, along with a global variant of the Nokia 6, which was launched in China last year. The company also launched an updated version of the Nokia 3310 feature phone. The device now comes with a colour display and brings back the Snake game.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet