BSNL has partnered with Tata Sky to offer Video-on-Demand (VoD) service to broadband users. As part of the partnership, BSNL will offer free broadband for the first month, while Tata Sky will offer its VoD service free for the first month and downloadable content worth up to Rs. 500. The two companies have signed an MoU, and plans to offer the service to the entire country within the next six months. BSNL CMD, Anupam Shrivastava, told PTI, “VoD has been gaining prominence and this partnership will help both the partners tap into the market better.” Once a customer agrees to avail the service, BSNL will set up the broadband connection, while Tata Sky will provide the VoD service. Tata Sky already has a library of over 4,000 titles.
Video-on-demand services have become quite popular in India, with Netflix launching its service in India back in January 2016. Prices for a Netflix subscription in India start at Rs. 500 per month. Viu, another VoD service provided by VuClip, also launched in India a few days ago. The service uses a freemium model, and charges Rs. 99 per month for premium content.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet