Social network users today can be broken down into three types — those who use it actively, those who join social networks but don’t really use it, and those who don’t join any social network. That’s it right? Well, think again. A new social network, called Netropolitan, caters exclusively to the rich. The tagline goes, “The online social network for those with more money than time.”
Netropolitan requires a whopping $9000 (approx. Rs. 5,50,000) to join and does away with the concept of ‘adding friends’. Apart from the money, you also have to be above 21 to join this social network. Users are allowed to see everyone’s posts and can create groups based on interests etc.
Of course, the $9000 allows Netropolitan to pass on the advertisements, which Facebook and others can not. The cost of being free you see. Netropolitan has been created by former Minnesota Philharmonic Orchestra, James Touchi-Peters. Oh by the way, you will also have to pay $3000 per year to remain on the social network, much like you do in a country club.
If you’re thinking Netropolitan is an unique website, then you need to think again. There are others like ASmallWorld (Private International Lifestyle Club), Affluence (Your future awaits in the world’s most exclusive digital country club) and Topcom, which is soon to launch for the next 200 world leaders.
The concept of social networking has been taken to a different level over the past year or so. Consider the many anonymous social networks like Secret, Confess etc. and nonsensical social networks like Bencho that recently came up. Everyone is using them now, even terrorists, and the ideas keep getting wackier every day.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet