Google has revealed its top Indian search trends for 2017 and it suggests that Bollywood and Cricket continued to influence our search in a big way. The top overall trending search queries were directed towards ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’, which managed to beat ‘Indian Premier League’ to the top sport. ‘Live cricket scores’, ‘Dangal’ and ‘Half Girlfriend’ rounded out the top five. The Indian Premier League was the Top Trending News of 2017, while Sunny Leone was the Top Trending Entertainer for the year. ‘Hawa Hawa’ was the Top Trending Song.
In terms of search queries, ‘Post office near me’ was the most search ‘near me’ query, which suggests that some users might still use traditional mail services. Further, with the entire hubbub of linking Aadhar and the launch of the JioPhone, it should come as little surprise that ‘How to link Aadhar card with PAN card’ and 'How to book JioPhone' were the top two ‘How to’ search trends. ‘What is GST’ was the top ‘What is’ search.
Globally, ‘Hurricane Irma’ topped the search list followed by iPhone 8, while Prince Harry, fiance, Meghan Markle, were the most search for actor. Unsurprisingly, the most watched video on YouTube, Despacito, topped the most searched for song, while the 2017 movie adaptation of Stephen King’s novel, IT was the most searched for movie this year.
You can check out Google’s Year in Search video below.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet