The Indian government has started taking action against the lethal online game called the Blue Whale Challenge. The game came into limelight as children in India started committing suicide to fulfill the game’s final challenge. According to a report by PTI, on August 11, the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MEITY) issued a circular to Google, Facebook, Whatsapp and other internet majors to ‘immediately remove’ any links related to the dangerous Blue Whale Challenge.
The notice said, “It is understood that an administrator of the game uses social media platform to invite or incite children to play this game, which may eventually lead the child to extreme steps for self-inflicting injuries including suicide,” the report continued, “You (Google, Facebook, Whatsapp, etc.) are hereby required to ensure that any such link of this deadly game in its own name or any similar game is immediately removed from your platform.”
The Blue Whale Challenge is a dangerous game that plays with a person’s psyche. It is mainly targeted at teenagers who are mentally vulnerable and susceptible to compulsions. Recently, a 14-year old boy from Mumbai committed suicide in order to complete the Blue Whale Challenge. A 13-year old boy from Indore and another 16-year old teen from Kerala have also tried to commit suicide due to the deadly game. This despicable challenge has claimed the lives of nearly 130 people in Europe and Russia so far, and has been gaining traction in India too.
In order to safeguard yourself from it, just stay away from it and avoid it. Do not let your curiosity get the best of you in this case. If you notice any unusual activities amongst your friends, it's best to report it to an adult, like your parents or teachers etc. Parents also need to keep themselves educated and updated regarding this game as the Blue Whale Challenge is designed to drain one's self confidence, and leave them in a state of depression where one thinks suicide is the only way. You can read more about the Blue Whale Challenge and how to be safe here.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet