[Update] Thanks to the overwhelming response by the netizens of the country, the government has extended the deadline till 5:00 p.m, August 20.
August 15 is the last day Indians will be able to submit their views on the net neutrality debate that has been raging for months now. The online community has been very vocal on their insistance of net neutrality and a many people had petitioned against Zero Rating services that many mobile carriers had planned. However, the fight isn’t over yet as the government has requested people to come forth and discuss the issue by leaving a comment at mygov.in.
Without net neutrality, ISPs will be able to give preferential treatment to select websites while discriminating against other websites, which is against the whole concept of a free and open internet. you can read more about net neutrality here. The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) released its own views on net neutrality, however, the government was still undecided on the contentious issue. However, a discussion on the upcoming policy is now live on mygov.in, and people are free to register on the website and participate in the debate by leaving behind a simple comment.
The good folks at AIB have released a video wherein they discuss the issue in a way they know best.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet