Amazon has launched its 'Pay with Amazon' service in India. The service will simplify the act of payments online, though users will have to key in their OTP to verify the purchase.
The 'Pay with Amazon' service will allow users to skip entering their details on third party sites which support the service. General Manager Payments, Amazon India, Srinivas Rao confirmed that Pay with Amazon has been made live in India. The ecommerce retailer has tied up with Shopyourworld.com and Fommy.co.in. Babyoye.com, Cart2india.com, Wemallindia.com, Sapnaonline.com and Mebelkart.com, which will soon offer the service as well. Amazon had rolled the service out in the US around 1 year ago.
"With Pay with Amazon we aim to provide a trusted payment bridge between customers and sellers and further aid and support the growth and integration of small and medium businesses in the new digital economy," Rao said in an emailed statement. "Customers, selecting this option will use the convenient, easy and trusted Amazon checkout process secure in the knowledge that their purchase is protected by Amazon's Buyer protection program."
"Sellers can tap into the growing base of online users by converting their static websites into digital storefronts, enabling them to reach Amazon shoppers across India," said Rao. "Through an easy set up process and integrated order management and payments, 'Pay with Amazon' helps sellers completely outsource their transactional needs, focus on the core business of sourcing and generate higher return on investment."
Amazon has been competing with Flipkart to gain the top spot in the Indian online space. Recently Amazon announced #Amazoncart shopping feature in India which allows users to order items via Twitter without leaving the site. The ecommerce giant also announced release day delivery of products in India and surprised hundreds of customers who had pre booked the Xbox One in 35+ cities with delivery of the product on the day of its launch.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet