Amazon India on Wednesday announced a partnership with Bengaluru-based talent management start-up HackerEarth for its first virtual Artificial Intelligence (AI) hackathon for Alexa in the country.
This unique hackathon is aimed at building more engaging skills for Alexa, which is the Cloud-based voice assistant, including Amazon Echo.
"The AI Hackathon with HackerEarth will showcase the potential of the developer community in India to build voice skills for Alexa," Dilip RS, Country Manager for Alexa Skills Kit, Amazon, said in a statement.
The contest will encourage developers to think outside of the traditional application development approach and embrace a voice-first design approach.
The participants will be given access to the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) -- a set of free, self-service, public APIs that developers can utilise to easily create new experiences for Alexa.
The ASK is a useful tool for independent developers, designers and brands to create new ways to engage Alexa.
"It is a great honour to collaborate with Amazon India for the AI Hackathon. This hackathon will provide a platform for eager participants to create amazing new skills for Indian users,"said Sachin Gupta, CEO and Cofounder, HackerEarth.
The registration process for hackathon will conclude on April 1.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions
- On International Internet Day, know your internet