Sundar Pichai, the CEO of Google, had his Quora account hacked. This adds him to a growing list of high-profile figures to have their Social media accounts hacked. The group responsible for this is OurMine, the same group that was responsible for compromising Mark Zuckerberg’s Twitter and Pintrest accounts.
The hack was apparent when Tweets started appearing on Sundar Pichai’s Twitter profile of various fake Quora questions about security. It’s worth noting however, that the Twitter account itself wasn’t hacked but it used the inbuilt tweeting capacities of Quora to send out Tweets to his followers.The violating Tweets and questions on Quora have since been removed, but it's yet to be known whether access has been restored to his Quora account
The hacking group was also keen to advertise their various security services through their website. They also stated that Pichai's security was “really weak” and it wasn’t very difficult for them to get access. They gained access to Zuckerberg’s account through the Linkedin data dumps. This should serve as a reminder to the people to change their passwords, in-case they reused the same password on a site that was compromised.
Recently, 32 Million Twitter accounts were also compromised and had their credentials being sold on the dark web. Twitter later suspended some accounts after confirming the leak and asked people to use stronger security measures.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurityWhy you won't need cable or DTH in 2017
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Daily deals roundup: Discounts on headphones, PC...
- Flipkart New Pinch Days sale: Offers on Google Pixel 2,...10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 15 must have chrome extensionsOn International Internet Day, know your internet