what a great product as it is the best in its class. just wanted to say,alittle bit overpriced but otherwise THE BEST.
Got Expelled for 2 years to save almost 4 lakhs (semester cost)to buy not jst 1,but 2 such awesome product!!!
This is the best camera I have found in this whole universe!!! I was a Bits Pilani Mechanical under graduate student and I was almost sure dat I will be left unplaced in the end!!! Dats when I decided to give Photography a chance and decided to buy this cam. Initially, I thought of drawing instant cash by pledging my sister in law's new wedding jewelries through Manappuram Gold Loan finance scheme but my pride did not let me do dat. So I decided to intentionally get expelled for 2 years and save almost 4 lakhs semester cost to buy 2 such cameras. Sadly, I donated one camera when a faculty KK Patila** wrote a mail dat he has been thrown out of college bcz of his boring mechanical lectures and stupid face, and he needs money desperately to make his bread and vadapav (Not Butter :P). But the other camera is still der wid me and works superb!! Here are the pros and cons ::
1. Image resolution is the best. I took a pic of my poop wid dis camera and it gt auctioned in a London art Museum for 2 crores.
2. Zoom is again the best. I have zoomed it to take pics of Digvijay Singh's compromising poses wid amrita rai from my balcony at Sarita Vihar.Yeah, I was the one who had leaked.
3. The best part is that,it has a feature called "Function tracer" . U feed any function using the GUI and the lens will trace with pics in that path. Last time, I gave a complex exponential function to take pics of Rahul Gandhi giving election speech in Amethi.
4. The camera is mechanically so well built dat It wont break even if it falls from Eiffel Tower. Infact It has boomerang feature and even if u throw in rage, it will come back to u.
1.The prblm is while transferring pics to your laptop. Each pic takes minimum of 50 Gb space bcz of high resolution and clarity. Ohh yah!! Since I have a 10e356 TB harddisk, I dont face much trble. So increase the disk space or save 1 or 2 good pics :P
2. Pics in bright sun are too bright and emit radiation to destroy retina of your eyes. So wear glares and see such pics, instead.
In a nutshell, jst go for it, even if u have to sell your Datsun Go!!!! Cheers
I finally pulled the trigger and got myself a D800e. To most people, D800 might seem like a more attractive proposition with it's lower price and the inclusion of an AA filter. To me that would be a huge mistake. It's not often one would buy a full frame Dslr, especially an amateur. It only makes sense to get the best possible one even though it's a tiny bit pricy. As for the lack of anti aliasing filter is concerned, I can tell you from experience and research that moire is a non issue.
The only thing I was concerned about is the extreme left focus point issues, but after getting my camera and testing it thoroughly it seems my copy is not afflicted by this issue. I hear nikon has updated their focus point calibration process and sendai after the initial backlash and that these problems are a thing of the past.
If you are trying to decide between the D800 or the D800e, go for the D800e if resolution is what you are looking for. Either camera is a winner and you can't go wrong with them.
Digit caters to the largest community of tech buyers, users and enthusiasts in India. The all
new Digit in continues the legacy of Thinkdigit.com as one of the largest portals in India
committed to technology users and buyers. Digit is also one of the most trusted names when it
comes to technology reviews and buying advice and is home to the Digit Test Lab, India's most
proficient center for testing and reviewing technology products.
We are about leadership — the 9.9 kind Building a leading media company out of India. And,
grooming new leaders for this promising industry