The tech industry today is highly competitive, but you already knew that. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Satya Nadella though have issued an unlikely challenge to their compatriots from Netflix, Microsoft, Amazon, Google. This is part of a charity effort, by ALS Foundation, towards fighting against amyotrphic lateral sclerosis, which saw the two CEOs pour a bucket of ice cold water on themselves. The young Facebook CEO then wrote a post on his Facebook page, challenging Microsoft's Bill Gates, Reed Hastings of Netflix and Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg to take the challenge.
Zuckerberg wasn’t the first one though. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella took the challenge before Zuckerberg. Nadella then challenged Amazon’s Jeff Bezos and Google’s Larry Page to take the challenge, in an effort to raise money for the charity. Nadella warned them, saying, "It's better to have your head in the clouds than under a bucket of ice."
What are the rules? Those taking the ice bucket challenge are allowed to call out three more people to take the same challenge, within 24 hours. If the people challenged fail to do so then they have to donate to the ALS Foundation. Alternatively, they can take the challenge and still donate to the foundation. Facebook’s Zuckerberg himself had been challenged by New Jersey governor Chris Christie, who had also called out Senator Cory Booker and Jimmy Fallon, host of the Tonight Show.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015