YouTube is revamping its desktop site with material design, with the aim of offering a more consistent experience across the web and Android/iOS apps. The revamped site also brings new features like dark mode, tweaks to search and channel pages, as well as updated theatre mode. YouTube says the new Material Design is meant "to deliver a beautiful, delightful and intuitive user experience."
Users can opt-in to preview the new design by clicking on youtube.com/new. There is even an option to restore the classic YouTube from the Account menu.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015