The traditional circus is so passe isn’t it? In what can only be called an ‘unusual’ use for drones, Amsterdam is gearing up to play host to the world’s first drone circus. The event, known as Air 2015, has been organised in conjunction with the Royal Netherlands Air Force and will feature drones instead of humans, in a one of a kind circus.
The event will be held in the Amsterdam Arena sometime this year and an official trailer for it has been posted on YouTube. The official website for the event calls it the ‘next level of entertainment’, which will premier in Amsterdam. Here’s the text from the website:
“This fall we welcome you to "Our World of AIR", the global premier will be at the Amsterdam Arena. We can’t wait to bring to you the first ever drone entertainment show in the world. This show reaches a new level in entertainment where visitors will be immersed into 3D effects instead of standard 2D experience, proving that innovation is sensational and nothing is impossible!
In this high energy and explosive show, drones will take centre stage to bring a collaboration and fusion of music, video, projections and special effects. AIR allows you to experience a variety of ballet and battles, races and lasers, circus, illusions and most of all magic from hundreds of drones.
Are you ready for the next level in entertainment? Rise with us.
Ticket sale will start soon. Keep informed by signing up for our newsletter.
As you can see in the video above, the circus will include races and stunts by drones. The concept sounds quite interesting, so let’s hope it turns out to be that way.
Drones have come into the limelight since the last year, with many initiatives being taken around them. Amazon has been working on using drones for deliveries to its customers, while there are a lot of other people working on such technology. Here's an example of a drone related effort in India.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015