The biggest trend at CES for the past few years has been to connect anything and everything possible. With internet of thingsWhere to buy 524, consumer electronics companies have managed to connect everything from cars to speakers and today, a hair brush joins the list.
Withings and L'Oreal have announced a new hairbrush called Hair Coach that packs both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Wondering why? Well, it claims to help users take better care of their hair. The new hairbrush collects data about your hair-brushing habits similar to a fitness tracker. Hair Coach, the intelligent hairbrush records your hair brushing patterns with the help of a microphone, an accelerometer and a gyroscope. The hair brush also packs advanced sensors and signal analysis algorithms to score the quality of hair and monitor the effects.
Hair Coach also comes with an accompanying mobile app which provides insights and customised recommendations. “By using connected technologies to upgrade the hairbrush — something the average consumer uses every day — Withings and Kérastase have reinvented what a person’s relationship with their hair can look like and are showing how connected devices can revolutionize the beauty industry," said Guive Balooch, Global Vice President of L’Oréal’s Research and Innovation Technology Incubator.
Hair Coach is already the proud recipient of the CES Innovation Award.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015