Microsoft may be trying to make peace with Apple, or maybe this is just a publicity stunt, but the Redmond based tech giant has released a new television commercial, in the spirit of Christmas. The ad shows a bunch of Microsoft employees singing a song of peace and harmony, outside the Apple flagship store at Fifth Avenue, New York. The Video begins with Microsoft employees practicing the song with a group of local children's choir, at the Microsoft store. The employees then head out and walk to the Apple store and start singing, spreading the message of peace and goodwill. Crowds gather around them and even Apple store employees head out to join in the holiday cheer. Microsoft explains in the ad that by doing so, "Microsoft employees deliver a special message to some old friends." As of now, the love seems to be one-sided as last month, Apple CEO, Tim Cook had described the Microsoft Surface as "diluted."
The ad description by Microsoft says, "To celebrate the holidays, Microsoft employees, who were selected from across the country, gathered together, meeting each other for the first time, at the new Microsoft 5th Ave Store to spread some holiday wishes. Joined by a local NYC children's youth choir, they share a message of peace and harmony with their neighbor down the street."
The ad ends with a message saying, "Spread harmony," and this gesture could just be the much awaited thaw in the relationship between the two tech rivals. Watch the ad below
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015