Dobi robots can talk, do Tai Chi, sing, box, play football and execute kung fu moves, but their latest claim to fame is setting a Guinness World Record for getting their groove on in a coordinated dance performance.
Chinese robotic firm, WL Intelligent Technology Co managed to perfectly synchronise 1,069 robots for a group dance performance in Guangzhou China. The challenge was organised by the company to show off its latest robotic technologies. All the 1,069 robots were programmed to follow a choreographed dance routine via one group control system.
While some robots did drop and break a leg during the performance, the overall tally of dancing robots exceeded the previous world record of 1,007 simultaneously dancing robots. The previous record was also held by a Chinese company called Ever Win Company.
Watch the dancing robots in action in the video below.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015