Uber has released its data on how many rides were taken using its platform during New Year's Eve. As per the report, Delhi-NCR was the most active city where the highest number of trips were taken on a single night. Also, over 90,000 riders used UberPOOL on New Year’s Eve and a driver partner from Delhi-NCR completed 18 trips on this one night, followed by one in Bangalore who completed 14 trips.
Read the complete press release below
Uber, the world’s largest on-demand ridesharing company, has released data on how India has relied on its services on New Year’s Eve. Even on one of the busiest nights of the year for Uber, the company provided a reliable ride to and from celebrations, for anyone, anywhere at the push of a button.
Sanjay Gupta, Head of Marketing, Uber India & SA said,“New Year’s Eve is one of the busiest nights of the year for Uber across the globe. Our goal was to ensure riders can get a reliable ride at the tap of a button and avoid getting behind the wheel. From training driver partners to partnering with traffic police and restaurants across many cities, we wanted to make a difference and reduce cases of driving under the influence in India. Hundreds of thousands of riders chose Uber, of which over 90,000 even used the UberPOOL option, considerably reducing the congestion on this busy night. This change in commuting behaviour is at the very core of our efforts towards decongesting India’s roads”.
Given below are a few interesting Uber trip trends from this New Year’s Eve:
- Delhi, NCR was the most active city with the the highest number of trips taken on a single night.
- A few spots attracted the most party goers. The most popular drop off locations ahead of midnight were Whitefield in Bangalore, DLF Cyber City in Gurugram, Connaught Place in Delhi, Juhu Beach and Lower Parel in Mumbai, Madhapur in Hyderabad and GST Road, Meenambakam in Chennai.
- When the clock struck midnight, close to 15,000 riders were in an Uber across the country.
- One stop just isn’t enough. A single rider from Chennai and a single rider from Mumbai were the biggest party hoppers who took a total of 13 rides each through the night, followed by a rider from Pune who took 10 rides.
- Over 90,000 riders used UberPOOL, opting to share their ride with others, and cut down on congestion during this busy night. In Delhi, NCR over 22,000 riders decided to share their ride making it the city to clock the highest number of uberPOOL rides, followed by Hyderabad and Bangalore
- Some people started and ended the party with friends. Over 5000 riders used the Multiple Stops and/or Split Fare features when heading to and from their celebrations! Out of this, over 1400 riders in Mumbai alone used this feature.
- A driver partner from Delhi, NCR completed 18 trips on this one night, making it the highest across the country, followed by one in Bangalore who completed 14 trips.
- Drivers provided great service on New Year’s Eve and received over 19,000 compliments just from this one night! Out of which, drivers in Delhi, NCR received the highest number of compliments from over 3600 riders.
- Not everyone went to a restaurant as part of their celebrations -- people chose to bring the restaurant to them through UberEATS, making 8 p.m. - 9 p.m. the most popular time to order.
- The most popular food ordered from UberEATS was Chicken Biryani and Maggi in India.
A big thank you to our riders for making us the preferred ride-sharing service in their city on New Year’s Eve and our driver partners for keeping India moving through the night.