In the wake of Donald Trump’s victory in the US presidential election, Apple CEO, Tim Cook has sent a letter to employees urging them to move forward together. The letter, which of obtained by BuzzFeed, doesn’t mention Trump by name, but talks about the reaction of employees to the result and emphasises the company’s commitment to diversity.
“We have a very diverse team of employees, including supporters of each of the candidates. Regardless of which candidate each of us supported as individuals, the only way to move forward is to move forward together,” Cook writes.
Cook also emphasised that result will not have any impact on the direction the company is going. “you can be confident that Apple's North Star hasn't changed. Our products connect people everywhere, and they provide the tools for our customers to do great things to improve their lives and the world at large. Our company is open to all, and we celebrate the diversity of our team here in the United States and around the world—regardless of what they look like, where they come from, how they worship or who they love,” he said.
Tim Cook isn’t the only one who has expressed his views on the recently concluded presidential election. Many other Silicon Valley executives have also spoken up and most are critical of the stance taken by Trump. Shervin Pishevar, co-founder of Hyperloop One has even suggested that California should secede from the United States.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015