Ever wanted to be like Tony Stark and talk to people using just your fingers? Innomdle Lab, a South Korean startup that was part of Samsung’s incubator has come out with a futuristic wrist-band cum watch strap that leverages bone conduction technology to turn your fingers into a phone receiver.
We had a chance to see the band in action, and boy were we impressed. It’s straight out of a sci-fi movie. The wrist bandWhere to buy 575 is paired with a smartphone and when a call arrives, you press a button on the band which starts to vibrate . These vibrations carry the sound signals down your wrist to your fingertip which is placed by your ear, and you can hear what the person on the other end of the line is saying. There is also a microphone on the band to let you reply back and from the limited time we had a chance to use it, the sound quality was quite good.
The device has a battery life of three hours and compatible with iOS 9 and above and Android 4.4 and above. It relies on Bluetooth 4.2, has a 200mAh battery and available in a bunch of colours.
Let’s just hope it somehow makes it way to India.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015