Samsung stands to benefit the most if Iphone X, Apple's redesigned iPhone with an edge-to-edge display and new facial recognition feature sells in millions. According to Wall Street Journal, Samsung will make around $110 from the sale of every iPhone X.
The report adds that Samsung's component division could earn up to $4 billion in revenue from iphone xWhere to buy 84690 82490 83499 sales, more than the sales of Galaxy S8. The earnings will be part of Samsung's component manufacturing division which is part of the conglomerate and not Samsung Electronics, the entity behind Galaxy smartphones and other consumer electronics devices.
It is a known fact that Apple needs Samsung for the most of the components embedded in its iOS devices. Samsung is the sole supplier for OLED displays used on iphone xWhere to buy 84690 82490 83499 and it also supplies NAND flash and DRAM chips in huge quantities needed for iPhones every year. The Wall Street Journal further notes that 35 percent of the revenue of Samsung's component business comes from the huge chunk of orders from Apple.
Apple iPhone X is the first major redesign for iPhone lineup in nearly four years and it brings new edge-to-edge display design and oled displayWhere to buy 965 like the ones found on Samsung's flagship smartphones. It also brings faster processor, memory, improved cameras and new facial recognition system called Face ID. The iphone xWhere to buy 84690 82490 83499 will be available for pre-order starting October 27 and will go on sale from November 3.
Apple and Samsung continue to be bitter rivals in the smartphone business but the former is also heavily dependent on the latter for procuring components. With Apple selling nearly 50 million iPhones every quarter, Samsung seems to make money off iPhones than it does from selling Galaxy phones.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015