The IFA week is underway and as is usual, Samsung has been amongst the firs to announce its new smartphones. Rumours about Samsung's Galaxy Note 4 had been doing the rounds for quite a while now and Samsung finally unveiled the device today at its Samsung Unpacked 2014 event in IFA Berlin.
- Galaxy Note 4
- Galaxy Note Edge
- Gear VRWhere to buy 9704 headset.
Here's what you need to know about each of these products.
Galaxy Note 4
- The Galaxy Note 4 has a 5.7 inch Quad-HD Super AMOLED display with a 2,560x1,440 pixel resolution. It is powered by a 2.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC and has a 16 MP rear camera along with a 3.7 MP front camera. The device runs on Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS and also sports a heart rate monitor like the Galaxy S5 and runs on a 3,220 mAh battery.
- The front camera on the Note 4 has a 90 degree viewing angle with a panorama-like mode. This helps you cover more area when taking selfies etc.
- Samsung also about the fast charging feature, which allows users to charge the battery from 0% to almost 50% in half an hour.
- The camera on the Note 4 also features the optical image stabilisation feature, which is a first for Samsung.
- The Note 4 also has a metallic frame along the sides.
Galaxy Note Edge
- This is basically the same phone as the Note 4, but it has a curved display, which bends on one side of the device. This creates a thin new screen, which can be used for app shortcuts, notifications, video playback, camera control etc.
- The device is the first of its kind from Samsung or any other manufacturer.
- It also has a heart rate sensor, UV detector, barometer, gyroscope, accelerometer and GPS Sensor.
- Interestingly, while the device is designed to exist separately, you need a Galaxy smartphone to set it up initially or download apps on it. So, you can’t actually own the Gear SWhere to buy 29500 29500 without a Galaxy smartphone that is supported by it.
- The device also sports a curved display.
Gear VRWhere to buy 9704
- The Gear VR is Samsung’s virtual reality headset, powered by Ocullus Rift.
- The Galaxy Note 4 needs to be fitted into the VR headset in order to access content and give it a screen.
- This gives the Gear VRWhere to buy 9704 a Quad-HD screen as well.
- Samsung has partnered with the likes of Marvel, Cirque-de-soleil, IMAX, Dreamworks and many others for content on the Gear VRWhere to buy 9704.
While the smartphones and smartwatch will be available in October, Samsung didn't announce when the Gear VRWhere to buy 9704 headset will be made available commercially.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015