Samsung Pay, the contactless mobile payment solution from Samsung is getting a new update in India that brings UPI support. Sammobile reports that Samsung is pushing out a new 84MB update that brings Unified Payments Interface (UPI) support.
UPI is a payment system that integrates instant fund transfer between bank accounts into a single mobile application. With UPI support, Samsung Pay users can now make payments using their bank accounts. Samsung had announced support for UPI and Paytm integration at the time of its official India launch on March 22.
Samsung Pay is the first contactless mobile payment solution to become available in India. It competes with similar services like Apple Pay and Android Pay in the global markets. Samsung Pay comes at a time when India is pushing digitisation and inching towards a cashless economy. Samsung Pay already supports major banks and mobile wallet like Paytm.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015