Samsung Electronics will announce the results of its findings into what caused the Galaxy Note 7 to catch fire. Samsung had recently announced that it will make its findings public and now it has confirmed the announcement will be held on January 23. The revelations come just a day ahead of Samsung's record fourth quarter earnings announcement on January 24.
"Samsung executives and independent experts will disclose their findings in a press conference in Seoul," reports Reuters. After replacement Galaxy Note 7 smartphones started catching fire, Samsung stopped sales and announced its plan to work with independent agencies to find the cause. A recent report indicated that Samsung has found battery as the cause for the Note 7 fires and will announce the result on January 23.
At the conference, Samsung is also expected to announce measures taken by the Korean company to ensure the galaxy note 7Where to buy 59900 59900 like incident is not repeated in the future. Samsung lost over $5.2 billion in operating profit after Galaxy Note 7 sales were stopped and the device was killed by the company. Samsung issued a recall for over 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7 devices and the company has reportedly delayed the launch of its 2017 flagship Galaxy S8 in order to conduct extra tests. Samsung Galaxy S8 is rumoured to launch in late March and be available to consumers only in April.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015