Qualcomm has appointed Larry Paulson as Vice President and President of Qualcomm India. Paulson has over 20 years of experience in strategy, R&D, customer development, product marketing and technology creation. He also lead the QCT platforms and has expanded the Qualcomm Reference Design platform from the lower tier to all MSM chipset tiers and into new categories.
Read the complete press release below
Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) today announced the appointment of Larry Paulson as vice president and president of Qualcomm India. Paulson’s appointment will be effective immediately and he will report directly to Jim Cathey, senior vice president and president of Asia Pacific and India.
Paulson has more than 20 years of experience in strategy, R&D, customer development, product marketing and technology creation. He joined the Company in 2013 as vice president of product management for Qualcomm Reference Design (QRD), a product of the semiconductor business, QCT. Most recently, Paulson led the QCT Platforms organization and has expanded the Qualcomm Reference Design platform from the low tier to all MSM™ chipset tiers and into new categories, such as virtual reality. Paulson and his team also established the Qualcomm® Global Pass program, which has been launched successfully in Latin America, North America, Europe, India and South East Asia.
Prior to Qualcomm, Paulson was the executive vice president and chief marketing officer at BrightPoint. Before that, he held numerous positions at Nokia during his 20+ year career, including global senior vice president and general manager of Nokia’s worldwide CDMA device business with full P&L responsibility for all product and technology creation. He also oversaw Nokia’s ODM process with partners in China, Taiwan and Korea with responsibility for strategy, R&D, customer development and product marketing. Prior to that, Larry served as senior vice president, North America Business Development and president of Technophone (a wholly owned subsidiary of Nokia).
“Larry has a long history in the wireless industry and experience in building cellular phones and running large businesses, all of which will be instrumental in his new role,” Cathey said. “He will provide leadership and drive business growth for Qualcomm in the region, and will oversee the sales and business organization in India with responsibility for all QCT and QTL go-to-market activities.”
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015