A lawyer for Oracle has revealed that Google has made $31 billion in revenue from its Android platform so far. The leak also says that Google made $22 billion in profits from Android since its inception. According to Google, this information is confidential and has been gathered from internal financial documents that were marked as “Attorney’s Eyes Only,” and were not supposed to be disclosed to the public.
Oracle and Google have an ongoing tiff with each other for some time now. Oracle has claimed that Google is using its Java software in Android without paying the company for the same. This could be the reason for Oracle’s lawyer leaking Google’s financial information. On January 20, Google filed a complaint with a San Francisco federal judge to redact the public transcript of the leaked financial information. In its filing, the company wrote, “Google does not publicly allocate revenues or profits to Android separate and apart from Google’s general business. That non-public financial data is highly sensitive, and public disclosure could have significant negative effects on Google’s business.“
Tell us what you think of Google’s $31 billion revenue from Android. Do you think that this number is correct? If yes, do you think Google has made wnough money from Android? Let us know in our comments section below.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015