OnePlus will open doors to its first ever exclusive store in India on January 7. The Chinese technology startup is opening a new experience zone in Bangalore to provide fans and prospective users with a better prior experience of its products.
OnePlus says in a blog post that its experience store will allow users to try all OnePlus devices in person, before making a purchase decision. It is not clear whether OnePlus is shifting towards higher offline presence, with the launch of its store. The company notes that it has a few surprises planned for everyone who would turn up at the launch event. Interestingly, three lucky fans will win OnePlus All Access Passes, which offer an opportunity to spend time with Pete Lau and Carl Pei, the young co-founders of OnePlus. The blog also mentions that there will be exclusive launch day offers at the store.
India is seen as a potential market for setting up exclusive experience stores by several smartphone makers. Apple has approached the government to do away with local sourcing norms for setting up its own retail stores in India. Xiaomi, one of the more popular brands here, has also approached the government with similar requests.
OnePlus has thrived on the back of strong hardware support backed with what many consider to be one of the best ROMs out there. The company also recently started rolling out the Android 7.0 Nougat update over-the-air for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T, keeping devices up to date with the latest software standards.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015