United States' space agency, NASA, is looking for interface designs for its Astronaut Smartwatch app. In the process, they are running a contest on Freelancer.com and everyone is free to participate. It is a contest for freelancers across the world for a smartwatch app that can be used by astronauts on the International Space Station and with help them with their research.
As per the NASA’s statement, “We (NASA) are interested in the emerging world of smartwatch technology and are looking to leverage this technology to create a smartwatch app that could be helpful to astronauts . The challenge is to design the general user interface for smart watch applications for use on the International Space Station.”
NASA has further asked the participants to take Samsung Gear 2 as the hardware reference for the design. The other guidelines mentions that the participants should submit their picture wireframes that highlight the unique design’s navigation, interaction, layout, look, feel, etc.
NASA has also provided the list of some of the applications for which the design will be used. Some of them are crew timeline, caution & warning, communication status, etc. NASA will select 3 entries and there’s a prize of $1500 (approx. Rs. 97,886). The contest will run for 4 weeks, starting now.
The contest is open for all the registered users of Freelancer.com. You can check the complete details of the contest on Freelancer's website.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015