Device maker Motorola is planning to make "an exciting announcement" on Feb 25 and has sent out invites to the press. However the company has not given a hint about the mysterious device, whether it will be a smartwatch, mobile or an entirely new product line.
The invite reads:
"Motorola is making an exciting announcement next week and wants you to be in the front row. The best part? You get to choose where and when you'd like to experience it. Everything you need fits inside one box, which we will deliver to your doorstep on Wednesday."
The invitation has caused quite a stir and given birth to plenty of speculation. There is no word whether the company is planning an actual press event or what will be inside the box.
Rumors suggest that Motorola may be planning to unveil a successor to the Moto 360 smartwatch. Also, Samsung and HTC plan to announce their flagship devices on March 1, which means that perhaps Motorola may also unveil a new smartphone. After all, according to reports, the company has been working on an updated version of its flagship Moto X device.
Recently, Motorola reentered the Chinese market with Lenovo as its parent company. The company announced the Moto X, Moto X Pro (a revamped version of the Nexus 6) and an LTE capable version of the Moto G for its Chinese market. This is the first significant impact that Lenovo has had on Motorola’s business since completing its acquisition from Google last year.
What do you think will be in the mystery box? Share your views in the comments section below.
Source: 9to5 Google
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015