With Narendra Modi-led NDA expected to form the government, India's political landscape is set for a big change. The change in government is likely to have a strong socio-economic impact. NDA's PM candidate Narendra Modi has been a huge advocate for increased usage of technology in governance. In fact, Modi's election campaigns across the country were massively powered by social networks, SMS campaigns and the most significant - 3D hologram projection. With Modi in power, we can expect more push to technology in India.
The technology segment, especially the local smartphone/tablet makers, can expect more encouragement from the new government to manufacture devices locally and bring the costs further down. However, it'll be interesting how the foreign players such as Samsung and Sony– currently dominating the gadgets segment – adapt to the changed scenario.
Aakash Tablet to be a reality?
We already know Narendra Modi has taken dig at Kapil Sibal multiple times for being unable to deliver India's ambitious ultra low-cost tablet – Aakash. Will the new government will make that happen?
What else do you expect from Narendra Modi-led government in the field of technology? Let us know your views in the comments below or @1987kulbhushan
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015