Microsoft's Windows 10 is all set for launch later this month, and after a number of builds released in the Windows Insider circle fixing bugs and tuning the upcoming operating system, it is finally set to unveil a release-to-manufacturing (RTM) build later this week.
Reported by The Verge, RTM builds have already been spotted online, and Microsoft is expected to send the build to its PC partners before its official launch. The upcoming Windows 10 is expected to be the "final version" of Windows, meaning that while there might not be another new version of Windows, it will be regularly provided with service updates, keeping it fresh and up-to-date.
Last week itself, Microsoft released three builds of Windows 10, providing more than 300 bug fixes and introducing Microsoft's new Edge browser and the new Photos app, all of which will feature in the final version of Windows 10. A new hero image of the new Windows OS, that will also double up as the login screen, was also introduced in build 10159 of Windows 10.
Windows 10 is also set to get a host of new native applications, and users will see the return of the Start menu that looks like a miniature version of Windows 8's tiled Start screen. The release of the RTM version of Windows 10 means that Microsoft has almost finalised on all services, bug and driver fixes for the OS, and it will continue to work on more fixes until July 29. Testers of Windows 10 will get the first version, and the others will receive their versions in phases.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015