The Anniversary Update of Windows 10 is set to roll out this summer. According to a report by Neowin, Microsoft’s recently released slide deck, states that Windows 10 will feature more ads on the Start Menu screen. These ads are for apps that are for sale in the Microsoft Store.
The promoted apps, aka "programmable tiles", are Windows 10Where to buy 9857 advertisements, which feature in the apps list, lock screen and the Start Menu. Currently, there are 5 promoted apps and Microsoft is planning to increase this to 10. Meanwhile, the static apps that appear will be decreased from 17 to 12.
According to the company, the reason behind this is to "introduce users and expose them to the Windows Store". A few of the promoted apps are already pre-installed, but Microsoft states that these can be fully uninstalled and also removed from start menu. It is also speculated that this is a technique that Microsoft is using to attract developers to its Windows Store. The Windows 10Where to buy 9857 Anniversary Update is expected in July.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015