Microsoft-owned LinkedIn has surpassed 500 million members and claims to connect users across 200 countries. LinkedIn empowers working professionals to connect with fellow industry people and is different from Facebook and its network. In a released statement, LinkedIn says its platform has 10 million plus active jobs and access to 9 million plus companies.
The professional social network had 433 million registered members in June last year. The membership growth announcement comes just months after its $26 billion acquisition by Microsoft. Microsoft completed its acquisition of LinkedIn in the month of December and its CEO Satya Nadella had said, "Today I am even more enthusiastic about the common mission and sense of purpose we share, the similarities in our cultures, and the added value we can create for LinkedIn members, to help professionals transform how they work, realize new career opportunities and connect in new ways."
LinkedIn says London is the most connected place on its network while most connections originate from the United Arab Emirates. In terms of industries, the professional network is used most in the staffing and recruiting industry with human resources being the most connected job. These data further reflect how LinkedIn has graduated into a go-to place for next career move. LinkedIn's publishing platform Pulse is now home to over 1,00,000 articles aimed at industry connect and helping users "stay informed on the news and views impacting their professional world."
"The impact of half a billion professionals connecting and communicating is very real, and very accessible to anyone who wants to take part today," Aatif Awan, VP, Growth and International Products at LinkedIn said in a press statement.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015